24 Apr Martine Portrait finished!
At last, I finished the painting on Sunday. It has been a bit of a journey to get here – I have painted Martine’s portrait four times over before getting something I am happy with, as I wanted it to speak. All the previous versions are evident in some format under the final painting, where I have scraped away and rubbed out the previous attempts over and over again! An x-ray of the painting would be interesting to see.
It has been a challenge working from one drawing, however, I have persevered and hopefully have put my own stamp on it.
The mediums I have used are Acrylic and Oil on canvas and the piece is 800mm x 1070mm. It will be framed along with the second canvas and will hang to its right. The action painting is the same height x 1370mm width and I have prepared the canvas for painting.
I will be attending one of Martine’s training sessions this coming Sunday, so I can get started on this.
I emailed the painting to Martine yesterday and just heard back from her today to say she loves it – what a relief, I am so glad. Also emailed the final version to Michael Petry too and he loves it too, so all good, now I am spurred on to enjoy the rest of the work.